This is something which we all need to do from time to time but it is never that easy to do. This is something which I do really struggle with but there are a lot of things you can to do to make yourself happier and feel better about yourself. Just remember if you don’t love yourself then who else will! Love starts with yourself! So here are some things you can do to make a happier YOU.
- Count your blessings – This is something which can really help your mental state. Try writing down 3 things that you are grateful for at the end of each night or in the morning and this will make you realise what you have going for yourself.
- Call your mum/dad – This is always a good way to cheer yourself up. This makes me so happy when I speak to my dad its like an automatic pick me up!
- Meditate – Find time to have some time for you, use an application on your phone. You can also use this to take some time away from a stressful environment.
- Listen to music – Music is such a powerful thing. You can use it to help you smile and pick up your mood. Try making up a playlist of songs which pick you up and make you feel happy.
- Listen to some sad music – No, really. Studies also suggest listening to sad music can help boost positive feelings. We just see this as another excuse to listen to Adele on repeat!
- Give Back – Do something to give to the community, volunteer at a charity shop. Raise some money for charity, this will be the most powerful thing, I can say for myself this really does work!
- Plan a holiday – Doesn’t have to be abroad it can be to just somewhere near to where you live but let yourself escape. You can turn your phone off and take in some nature, it’s always good to have something to look forward to.
- Write down everything you’ve achieved – It is easy to forget what we have achieved in the last year. It is always worth sitting down one evening for 20 minutes and writing a list of all the things you have achieve and have to be proud of.
- Take time for number one – Yes that’s you! Don’t forget to take some time for yourself whether thats having a nice relaxing bath or just taking some time to do your hair and makeup.
- Exercise – This is one that not most people will be shouting from the roof tops but studies have shown those who excercise do live a happier life.
- Spend some money – I don’t just mean in general, I am talking about experiences so going to the gig you want to go to. Maybe go on the spa weekend you and your girls have been talking about, these will be nice to experience while there and to look back on.
- Fake a smile – As they say fake it until you make it! Before you know it you will be smiling and being the happy you, you’ve always wanted to be!
- Explore – Go outside and breathe in the fresh air. Experience things you have never noticed so maybe a beautiful tree which you have never seen before… you could even take you camera and get some lovely photos for your instagram!
- Sleep – Get enough sleep, so you don’t feel tired and exhausted all the time. This is something which can make such a huge difference! Getting the sleep you need will make you feel happier inside and out.
- Compliment someone – By complimenting someone else you will start to feel better about yourself as you may even get a compliment back. Which is always good for your ego!
- Have a cry every now and then – Having a good cry allows you to get out the emotions which are building inside of you. If you feel as though you are not able to then just get a sad film and before you know it you will be bubbling like a baby.
- Keep a one-sentence journal – This is something I started doing and it does make such a difference and is nice to look back on, if you are thinking about doing one you could start with a little diary and if you keep it up you could always get yourself a nice 1 line a day book.
- Take in the smell of flowers – Smelling the flowers can make you so happy and feel more content with life. Studies have found those who were in a flower scented room had a happier lifestyle.
- Don’t work too hard – Try to cut back on work and not get too stressed with the day job. It is just a job and is there for your financial benefits. You need to make sure you have a good life and work lifestyle.
- Think of happy memories – This explains itself.
- Take a selfie – A study has found that selfies increase the confidence and of course make you happier. So don’t let anyone let you down.
- Have positive quotes around the house – This will help you to remember that life can be brighter on the other side.
Hope this has helped you to live a happier lifestyle.
*All photos are mine